Hayner Levy on May 2021 Ballot

Information provided by the Troy-Hayner Cultural Center

TROY - The Troy-Hayner Cultural Center renewal levy will be on the May 4, 2021 ballot. 

“Upon Mrs. Hayner’s death in 1942, the Hayner mansion was left in care of the Troy Board of Education and is operated by a Board of Governors composed of nine Troy citizens,” says David Wion, Executive Director.  “Since the opening of the Hayner Center in December 1976, the citizens of Troy have renewed the Hayner Center operating levy every 5-years.” 

 

The May levy is a renewal of the current .85 mill levy and will generate $592,520.02 annually for the next 5 years.  The 0.85 mill renewal is absolutely essential to the continued operation of the Hayner Center.  The levy provides approximately 82% of Hayner’s operating, maintenance and programming budget.  The remaining 18% of Hayner’s income is generated from donations, fees and grants.  

 

“The levy is a separate Troy City Schools levy and the money that supports the Hayner Center is held in a separate accounting line,” explains Wion.  “The School Treasurer provides oversight of the public funds and Hayner levy money cannot be used for the public schools’ mandates.” 

 

The facilities of the Center are available for community use by local non-profits serving the Troy area and by rental for private events and parties.  In addition, the Hayner Center is itself committed to providing a variety of cultural, artistic and educational opportunities to the citizens of Troy.  On an average, the Hayner Center annually hosts 8 exhibits and over 75 community events including concerts, performing arts events, children and family activities, social events, films and much more.  The Hayner also sponsors concerts of the Downtown Summer Music Series held each summer on the Troy City square.  Recent additions to the Hayner programming include Hayner Hits the Road Travel Club and the Troy Ohio Porchfest.

 

The Troy-Hayner Cultural Center is proudly supported by the citizens of the Troy City School District through a local tax levy and generous gifts to the Friends of Hayner.  Troy-Hayner Cultural Center is located at 301 West Main Street, Troy, OH 45373. For more information, please visit our website at www.troyhayner.org or call (937) 339-0457.